• 500g fresh tuna fillet
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 4 tbsp wholegrain mustard
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Parsley
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Coriander Ground
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Basil
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Tarragon
For salad and dressing:
• Sesame oil, as needed
• Rice vinegar, as needed
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 mooli (or white radish), thinly sliced
• 150g pea shoots
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Sesame Seed
• Hoyts Salt, for seasoning
1. Line a clean working surface with cling wrap, and place a wet cloth over the top.
2. Repeat the process until there are four layers.
3. Place the tuna at one end of the cling wrap and roll into the shape of a cigar, firmly twisting the ends.
4. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
5. The next day, unroll the tuna and sear in a frying pan with a little olive oil for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned.
6. Remove from heat and dry with paper towel.
7. Sprinkle herbs onto a large plate.
8. Spread mustard over the tuna, then roll in herbs.
9. Leave to cool.
10. Roll the tuna again in 4 layers of cling wrap and cloths and refrigerate for 5 hours.
11. Remove from the cling wrap and cut into ½ centimetre slices 30 minutes before serving.
12. Meanwhile, combine mooli, pea shoots and sesame seeds in a salad bowl.
13. Combine sesame oil, vinegar, salt and honey in a separate bowl and stir.
14. Serve sliced tuna on a bed of the salad and drizzle with dressing.