• 500g Hoyts Basmati Rice
• 1 large red capsicum, finely sliced
• 3 large zucchinis, julienned
• 1 shallot, chopped
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 200g Hoyts Split Green Peas, boiled and drained
• 1 tsp Hoyts Turmeric
• 1 tsp Hoyts Ground Ginger
• 1 tsp Hoyts Garam Masala
• 1 tsp Hoyts Saffron Powder
• 1 pinch Hoyts Chillies Powder
• Hoyts Ground Black Pepper, for seasoning
• Hoyts Salt, for seasoning
• Rind of 1 lemon, grated
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
3. Add shallot, capsicum and zucchini and cook for 10 minutes or until softened.
4. Add peas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
5. Season with chilli powder, salt and pepper.
6. Boil rice in salted water flavoured with saffron powder.
7. Drain rice and place in a bowl with turmeric, ginger and garam masala, stirring carefully.
8. Combine the seasoned rice with vegetables and stir with care.
9. Place rice mixture into terracotta bowls and heat in the oven until browned.
10. Decorate with lemon zest and serve hot.