• 400g fresh egg “maltagliati”
• 600g mussels
• 1 shallot, chopped
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 2 tbsp Hoyts Pasta Sauce Pure Tomato
For the pesto:
• 200g salted anchovies
• 1 garlic clove
• 2 tbsp walnuts
• 1 tbsp almonds
• 2 tbsp Hoyts Pine Nuts
• 250g Hoyts Cannellini Beans
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Basil
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Parsley
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Thyme
• 1 cup Hoyts Kalamata Olives Pitted
• 1 pinch Hoyts Chilli Powder
• Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
• Hoyts Ground Pepper, for seasoning
• Hoyts Salt, for seasoning
1. Whisk ingredients for the pesto in a processor and set aside.
2. Heat 4 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan and brown shallot
3. Rinse mussels and add to frying pan. Cook over high flame until they open.
4. Add wine and remove from heat.
5. Shell most of the mussels, leaving aside a few.
6. Take the cooking liquid and replace it back over flame.
7. When it begins to simmer, add pasta sauce and shelled mussels.
8. Remove from flame and keep warm.
9. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water.
10. In a separate frying pan, lightly heat 1 ladle of the pesto and one ladle of the water from the pasta.
11. Drain the pasta into the frying pan when al dente and add mussels, stirring well.
12. Decorate with mussels previously set aside and serve immediately.