• 300g Hoyts Fine or Pearl Barley
• 150g Hoyts Giardiniera
• 50g Hoyts Sundried Tomatoes (in oil), chopped
• 1 tbsp Hoyts French Capers
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Pine Nuts
• 1 tsp Hoyts Black Kalamata Olives
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Stuffed Olives
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Sweet Pickled Onions
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Hot or Mild Peppers, chopped
• 3 Hoyts Sweet or Sour Gherkins, chopped
• ½ tbsp Hoyts Mint Leaves
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 10g feta or parmesan, crumbled
• Juice of one lemon
• Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
1. Cook barley in a large saucepan of boiling water for 30 minutes, or according to the package. Drain.
2. Place barley into a large salad bowl and add half of the lemon juice and a drizzle of oil, stirring until the mixture is cooled.
3. Meanwhile, drain giardiniera and rinse capers.
4. Toast pine nuts in a small frying pan over low heat and crush into small pieces.
5. Add all ingredients except for the mint leaves to the barley mixture.
6. Drizzle the remaining lemon juice over the mixture and add garlic.
7. Stir well to evenly distribute all ingredients.
8. Add feta (or parmesan) and stir delicately.
9. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.