• 1.5 L water
• 500g Hoyts Polenta
• Hoyts Salt, for seasoning
• Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
For the skewers:
• 50g Hoyts Black Kalamata Olives
• 50g Hoyts Stuffed Olives
• 50g Hoyts Sweet Pickled Onions
• 50g Hoyts Hot or Mild Peppers
• 50g Hoyts Sweet or Sour Gherkins
• 200g cherry tomatoes
For the dipping sauce:
• 150g Hoyts Sundried Tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 160g tuna in oil
• Hoyts French Capers, to taste
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Oregano
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Line a tray with damp baking paper.
2. Pour polenta into a large saucepan of salted boiling water.
3. Cook for around 30 minutes, stirring continually to avoid lumps.
4. When the polenta reaches a smooth and velvety texture, pour evenly onto the baking tray and smooth into the corners with a damp spatula.
5. Set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
6. Tip polenta onto a flat surface and cut into small rectangles, wetting the knife blade with cold water each time.
7. Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry polenta pieces for 2 minutes on each side, then set aside to cool.
8. Prepare the skewers by alternating the polenta pieces with remaining ingredients as you please.
9. Drain tuna and process in an electric mixer along with sundried tomatoes, capers, oregano and oil.
10. Serve skewers on a plate alongside dipping sauce.