• 1.5 L vegetable stock (or 1.5 L boiling water and 1 ½ tbsp Hoyts Vegetable Gourmet Stock)
• 300g Hoyts Soup Mix
• 50g Hoyts Blackeye Beans
• 50g Hoyts Borlotti Beans
• 50g Hoyts Cannellini Beans
• 100g Hoyts Chickpeas
• 50g Hoyts Red Kidney Beans
• 1 brown onion, chopped
• 1 garlic clove
• 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
• 2 carrots, finely chopped
• 2 medium potatoes, diced
• 100g snow peas, diced
• 100g dried beans
• 2 Hoyts Bay Leaves
• Olive oil, as needed
• Hoyts Salt and Ground Black Pepper, for seasoning
• Grated Grana Padano (or Parmigiano Reggiano), to taste
1. Soak dried beans in a large bowl of cold water overnight.
2. Drain well the next day.
3. Heat a drizzle of oil in a deep frying pan and sauté garlic and onion until softened.
4. Add celery and carrot and season with salt and pepper.
5. Meanwhile heat stock in a large saucepan.
6. Add a ladle of hot stock to the frying pan and continue cooking until the vegetables are softened.
7. Remove garlic clove and add beans, stirring well to combine all ingredients.
8. Add potatoes, snow peas and enough stock to cover all ingredients.
9. Season with bay leaves and cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for around 90 minutes or until the beans are soft.
10. Add stock as necessary to avoid the soup from drying out.
11. Sprinkle with Grana Padano (or Parmigiano Reggiano) and serve hot.