Serves 6 - 8
• 450g panettone, cut into bite-sized cubes
• 825g canned sliced peaches
• 250g strawberries, sliced
• 250g raspberries
• 1 kg vanilla custard
• 1 cup thickened cream
• 1/4 cup brandy or Cointreau
• 1/3 cup toasted flaked almonds
1. Drain canned peaches and set aside 1/3 cup of the juice.
2. Combine the reserved juice and brandy in a large jug.
3. Lay the panettone into a 2.5 litre serving dish and pour over the brandy mixture.
4. Top with the peach slices and strawberries.
5. Cover with the vanilla custard.
6. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
7. Whisk cream in a large bowl until firm.
8. Spoon cream over the trifle mixture and sprinkle with almonds and raspberries.
9. Serve cold.