• 600g di potatoes
• 200g di Montasio cheese, thinly sliced
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 200g pumpkin
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 2 knobs of butter
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into 2mm-thick slices. Place them in a pot with 1 teaspoon of fine salt and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and drain immediately.
2. In a non-stick pan, gently sauté onion in half of the butter. Add the potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes until tender. Cover with the cheese slices, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Continue to cook until the cheese has melted and the base turns golden. Flip the frico over and cook the other side.
4. Remove the rind and seeds from the pumpkin and finely slice the flesh. Sprinkle the sugar into a pan containing the remaining butter. Heat over a medium flame and when sugar has dissolved and turned a caramel colour. Add the pumpkin slices. Turn them over after a couple of minutes and moisten with 1 tablespoon of water, then add salt and pepper.
5. Serve the frico with the glazed pumpkin slices.