• 1 kg fresh pecorino cheese
• 500g fine durum wheat semolina
• 3 eggs
• 3 tbsp fresh lard
• Grated zest of 2 oranges
• Extra virgin olive oil
• 1 pinch of salt
• Juice of 1 lemon
1. Soften the cheese by immersing it in very hot water for 10 minutes, then squeeze.
2. Knead the flour with the eggs. Dissolve salt in a glass of water and add to the dough.
3. Slowly incorporate the lard and work dough until it is soft and pliable. Cover with a cloth and leave to rise.
4. In the meantime, grate the cheese and mix in the orange zest and lemon juice to a thick creamy consistency.
5. Roll out the dough into fine sheets. Cut discs of about 10 cm in diameter.
6. On each place a spoonful of cheese mixture. Cover each with another disc of pastry pressing the edges firmly. You can use a fluted cutter wheel to trim around.
7. Deep-fry the seadas in sizzling oil until golden.
8. Coat in sugar or honey.