• 1 bone-in veal (or beef) shoulder
• Juniper berries
• 4 garlic cloves
• Salt and pepper
• Bay leaves
1. Mince juniper berries, rosemary, sage leaves and garlic. Add salt and pepper. Rub this mixture into the meat for about 15 minutes.
2. Place in cold water with the celery, carrots, onions and bay leaves, which have all been roughly chopped.
3. Marinate in refrigerator for at least one week.
4. Remove the meat from the marinade and plunge in a pot of salted water along with more celery, carrot, onions. Cook for 2½ hours. Drain and allow to cool for about 6-7 hours.
5. Serve the pinkish meat, finely sliced with horseradish cream, grape chutney or mustard.