• Crushed hot chillies
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Fresh Parsley
• Fennel Seeds
• Oregano (dried)
1. Roast the fennel seeds and leave to cool down.
2. In the meantime, chop the garlic, parsley, capers and anchovies finely.
3. In a mortar and pestle, mix the fennel, chilli, and oregano and grind until fine and fragrant.
4. Add the other ingredients and the oil until the mixture has a good texture and is spreadable.
5. Toast the finest bread your money can buy and spread the Abruzzo Spread on top.
6. Serve with chilled good Italian white wine and a smile.