• 500g peeled green prawns
• 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
• 1 small red chilli, finely diced
• 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
• 4 tbsp olive oil + more for cooking
• 2 shallots, finely diced
• 2 cans cherry tomatoes
• 2 tbsp brandy
• 500g packet spaghetti
• Chopped parsley, extra, to serve
1. Marinate the prawns in chilli, 1 garlic clove, and the parsley, then set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick pot over medium heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil.
3. Saute shallots and garlic for 30-60 seconds, until fragrant.
4. Turn the heat to high and deglaze the pan with the brandy.
5. Add the cherry tomatoes, and extra water from the rinsed cans (about 1/2 a can). Add basil to taste, and season with salt and pepper.
6. While the sauce cooks, boil the pasta.
7. Put a fry pan on medium-high heat with a little olive oil.
8. Sear the prawns for 30 seconds each side, or until cooked through and slightly golden.
9. Mix the cooked pasta with the sauce, then serve with prawns on top and a sprinkle of parsley.