For the pasta:
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups plain flour
• ½ cup water
For the filling:
• 200g ricotta
• ½ cup fresh pecorino, grated
• 60g frozen spinach
• 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
• 1 tbsp pecorino, grated
• 2 eggs
1. On a board or a clean bench make a well in the flour.
2. Break the egg and pour in the middle of the well.
3. Add some of the water (a bit at a time) and start to mix from the inside. Add more water as needed. Do not make the dough to wet.
4. Knead the dough and allow to rest.
5. Sprinkle some flour on the bench and roll out the dough into a thin sheet (about 1 - 2 mm thick).
6. Cut some circles using a scone cutter (medium size).
7. Defrost the spinach and squeeze out any liquid.
8. Mix the ricotta with the spinach, the fresh pecorino, the parmesan and the pecorino cheese, the eggs as well as salt to taste. Mix well.
9. Place about one tablespoon of mixture on one side of the cut circle.
10. Fold over and carefully seal the edges by pressing down with the end of a fork.
11. Put ravioli in a salted pot of boiling water and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
12. Drain/pour sauce over the top and enjoy.