• 200g fresh ricotta
• 100g Romano cheese, grated, plus extra to serve
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• ¼ tsp nutmeg
• 1 cup plain flour, plus extra for dusting
• Basil leaves, to garnish
1. Combine ricotta, Romano cheese, egg, nutmeg and ½ cup of the flour.
2.Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3.Using your hand, mix ingredients together to form dough like consistency.
4.Add remaining flour and mix to form a stiff dough.
5. Transfer dough to a floured surface and roll into 4 cylinders.
6. Cut and roll into 1 cm balls. Using the back of a fork, pull along ball of dough to make gnocchi shape. Or use gnocchi board.
7. Place gnocchi into a large pot of boiling water. As gnocchi rises to the top, remove and place in a colander to drain.
8. Top with choice of sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.