For the base:
• 300g self-raising flour
• 100g butter
• 100g sugar
• 1 egg
For the filling:
• 250g ricotta
• 50g sugar
• 100g amaretti biscuits
• 50g almond meal
• 1 egg
1. Place flour, butter, egg and sugar into a food processor and mix until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Divide mixture into two parts.
3. Sprinkle one half into a rectangular baking tray which has been lined with glad bake and gently press down.
4. Make the filling, (instructions below)
5. Spread the filling on top, then sprinkle remaining breadcrumb mixture on top.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
7. Cool, cut into squares and then dust with icing sugar.
1. Grind the amaretti biscuits in the food processor, add the ground almonds, sugar, egg and ricotta and blend together until a thick paste is obtained.