For the filling:
• 32 ounces ricotta cheese
• 1 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
• 1 tbsp lemon zest
• 1 tbsp limoncello
For the lady fingers:
• 2 cups water
• 2 cups limoncello
• 1 1/2 pound lady fingers
• 4 cups lemon curd (store bought is fine)
For the topping:
• 2 cups heavy whipping cream
• 4 tbsp sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, confectioners’ sugar, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of limoncello. Mix to combine. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sized pot, bring water and limoncello to a simmer. Keep at a simmer for five minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a shallow heat safe dish. Allow to cool for five minutes.
3. Dip each of the lady fingers halfway into the warm limoncello mixture, then turn and dip the other side into the mixture.
4. Line the bottom of a baking tray with the soaked lady fingers. Once the bottom of the dish is covered, spread the ricotta mixture over the top.
5. Place another row of soaked lady fingers on top of the ricotta mixture. Spread the lemon curd on top of the lady fingers.
6. Place a final row of soaked lady fingers on top of the lemon curd.
7. Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, whip together the whipping cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over top the lady fingers.
8. Refrigerate for at least four hours or preferably overnight. Serve well chilled.