• 800g chicken thighs
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 capsicum, thinly sliced
• 3 red chillies, thinly sliced
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 2 tsp dried rosemary
• 2 dried bay leaves
• Fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1/2 cup good quality passata (homemade if possible!)
• 1 can plum tomatoes
1. Season chicken thighs well with salt and pepper.
2. Heat up the oil in a deep sauce pan, then add the chicken and brown all over.
3. In the same pan, stir in the onion, garlic, capsicum, chilli and all the herbs.
4. Cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat, then increase the heat, add the wine and allow to evapourate and reduce by half.
5. Add the passata and plum tomatoes (gently crushing them with a spoon).
6. Reduce the heat, cover and cook on a gentle hob for about an hour until the chicken is tender.
7. Serve hot with a side of mashed potato.