• 300g assorted pasta
• 400g white beans
• 100g peeled tomatoes
• 1 tsp tomato paste
• 1 celery stalk, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1 bunch of oregano
• 1 red chilli, chopped
• 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper
1. Soak the beans in water overnight. Boil, then drain, reserving some of the liquid.
2. Heat a decent drizzle of olive oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and celery until browned.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chilli, tomatoes and tomato paste.
4. Cook over low heat for around 10 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
5. Purée a ladle of the beans in a food processor and add them to the pan. Cook over low heat for around 20 minutes.
6. Add the whole beans and the reserved liquid, then the pasta and a pinch of oregano. Cook until pasta is al dente. Remove from heat and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot.