For the dough:
• 2.5 kg flour
• 600g sugar
• 1 kg lard
• 4 eggs
For the filling:
• 1.5 kg almonds
• 1.5 kg sugar
• 250g unsweetened cocoa powder
• 350g chickpea flour
• 1.75L water
• Icing sugar
1. For the dough, combine the flour and lard in a large bowl.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar and add them to the flour and lard.
3. Stir well, adding some water if needed, until you have a smooth mixture. Set aside for 2 hours.
4. Toast the almonds in the oven.
5. In a large bowl, combine the almonds with the cocoa powder, sugar and cinnamon. Add some water.
6. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until it begins to bubble.
7. Continue to stir over low heat for around 20 minutes, adding the chickpea flour gradually.
8. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for around 12 hours.
9. Preheat oven to 180°C.
10. Roll out the dough onto a flat surface. Cut the dough into circles and place a spoonful of the filling into the centre of each disc.
11. Fold the circles into semi-circles and press together the edges. Cut the edges with a roller and remove any excess dough.
12. Bake for around 5 minutes or until they become pink. Set aside to cool.
13. Dust with icing sugar and cinnamon and serve.