• 200g maccheroni (short pasta)
• 100g parmesan, grated
• 250g cooking cream
• 50g Gruyère, grated
• 1½ litres broth
• 10g dried mushrooms
• 2 black truffles, finely chopped
• 100g lean Parma ham, minced
• 1 pinch of mixed spice
• 1 bouquet garni (fresh herbs)
• 1 tomato
• 2 glasses of Champagne
• Some bitter orange
1. Prepare a sauce with 50g of butter, 50g of parmesan, ¼ L of broth, dried mushrooms, truffles, ham, spices, herbs, tomato, 200g of cream and the Champagne. Simmer on low heat for about an hour.
2. Cook the pasta in the remaining broth, which has been brought to the boil and filtered, after adding 1 tbsp of cream and a pinch of bitter orange. Drain well.
3. Grease a terracotta baking dish with butter. Line the base with the sauce, arrange the maccheroni over the sauce. Sprinkle over the grated cheese and dot with butter. Continue layering and top with a generous sprinkling of breadcrumbs and knobs of butter. Bake in oven until it forms a golden crust.