• 3 eggs
• 125g plain flour
• 125g potato starch
• 150g sugar
• 100g butter
• 50 ml milk
• Grated zest of 1 lemon
• 1 sachet Italian vanilla-flavoured baking powder
1. Preheat conventional oven (not fan-forced) to 180°C.
2. Place the softened butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy.
3. Add the first egg and fully incorporate before adding the next one. Repeat the procedure for each egg.
4. Sift the flour, starch and baking powder and fold gently into creamy mixture. Add the grated lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
5. Drizzle in the milk and mix thoroughly. Pour the batter into a 22-24 cm cake tin which has been greased and floured.
6. Bake the cake for about 25-30 minutes. When done, let it cool slightly in the tin before turning out. Stand on a rack to cool completely.
7. Before serving, dust with icing sugar.