• 1.2 kg pork neck
• 6 Royal Gala apples, cut into wedges
• 150g wildflower honey
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 1 piece fresh ginger, grated
• 1 star anise
• 1 cardamom seed
• 5 cloves
• 1 piece cinnamon stick
• 1 bay leaf
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Blend the star anise, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and some peppercorns.
2. In a large bowl, combine the blended spices with the garlic and ginger. Add the honey, 1 tbsp of oil and the soy sauce.
3. Place the pork on a plate and rub it with the marinade, then cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. You can leave the meat to marinate overnight if you wish.
4. Preheat oven to 180°C.
5. Drain the pork and transfer it to a tray. Roast in the oven for around 90 minutes, brushing often with marinade. After 1 hour, add the bay leaf and apples.
6. When cooked, deglaze the juice from the pork and apples over high heat with a few tablespoons of water.
7. Pour the glaze over the meat and slice the roast before serving.