• 300g mascarpone
• 3 tbsp caster sugar
• 3 eggs
• 2 shots of rum
• 200g Savoiardi (sponge fingers)
• Liqueur of preference
• 50g candied peel
• 50g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar. Add the mascarpone, followed by the rum, one drop at a time. Mix thoroughly.
2. Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold them into the mixture. Stir in the candied peel and the chocolate.
3. Combine the liqueur and milk, and use this liquid to slightly moisten the sponge fingers.
4. Line the sides of a round cake tin with the biscuits and pour the mixture into the middle, levelling the surface.
5. Set in the fridge for a few hours. Before serving, decorate with ribbons and berries.