• 500 ml cream
• 300 ml milk
• 200g icing sugar
• 1 vanilla pod
• 14g gelatin leaves, softened in cold water
• 500 ml pomegranate juice
• 40g caster sugar
• 2 tsp pomegranate seeds
1. In a large saucepan, heat the cream, milk, icing sugar and vanilla pod over low heat, stirring regularly. Squeeze the gelatin leaves, add them to the cream mixture and stir through until dissolved. Strain into a bowl and set aside to cool.
2. Pour the cream into 8 glasses, leaving 2 cm at the top. Refrigerate for 6 hours.
3. Meanwhile, tip the caster sugar into a frying hot pan followed by the pomegranate juice. Bring to the boil and allow to bubble for 10-15 minutes, until thickened to a sticky, syrupy glaze. Pour into a small jug and leave to cool completely.
4. Pour the cooled pomegranate glaze on top of the chilled panna cottas. Garnish each panna cotta with pomegranate seeds. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.