• 350g flour
• 250g caster sugar
• 100g ricotta
• 6 kiwi fruit
• 120g butter
• 100 ml milk
• 3 eggs
• 1 sachet of Italian yeast for sweets (or 16g baking powder)
• 1 pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Beat egg whites with salt to a stiff consistency.
3. In another bowl, combine ricotta, 200g of the caster sugar, egg yolks, 70g of the melted butter and milk. Beat with whisk or electric beater until mixture is smooth.
4. Sift 300g of the flour with the powdered yeast and quickly add to ricotta and egg mixture.
5. Gently fold in egg whites.
6. Grease and flour a 22 cm-round springform cake tin and pour in the batter.
7. Peel and slice the kiwis. Toss the kiwi slices in the remaining flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cake mix.
8. Arrange the kiwi slices over the cake, dust with the rest of the sugar and evenly distribute tiny knobs of the remaining butter on top.
9. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.