• 360g Carnaroli rice
• 2 small shallots or ½ onion, minced
• 150g butter
• 50g grated parmesan cheese
• 1 glass dry white wine
• ½ gram saffron filaments
• 1 sachet (0.1g) saffron powder
• Beef stock, as needed
1. Sauté minced shallots (or onion) in a frying pan with 100g of the butter.
2. Add the rice and toast. Pour over the wine and allow to evaporate.
3. Continue cooking, gradually ladling in hot stock.
4. One minute before rice is cooked al dente, season with salt and sprinkle over the saffron filaments and powder.
5. Stir through the remaining butter and parmesan cheese.