• Half a lamb
• 500g potatoes
• Rosemary and sage, minced
• 4 garlic cloves, halved
• 6 artichokes
• 1 glass white wine
• 2 sprigs of myrtle (optional)
• Olive oil, as needed
• Salt and pepper, for seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Wash lamb and pat dry.
3. Using a sharp knife make incisions in the fleshier parts the lamb and stud with the garlic halves.
4. Peel the potatoes and cut into large wedges.
5. Remove outer leaves of artichokes leaving the hearts. Cut each into four thick wedges.
6. Pour oil into a large casserole dish, and arrange the lamb surrounded by the potatoes and artichoke hearts. Season with salt, pepper and herbs.
7. Roast in oven for 45 minutes. After about 20 minutes, add one sprig of myrtle, if available.
8. Garnish with the rest of the myrtle and serve warm.