• 200 ml dry white wine
• 200 ml water
• 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 whole John Dories (around 500g each), gutted and scaled
• 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 tbsp chopped basil
• 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
• 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
• 2 tbsp chopped parsley
• 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Place wine, water, salt and olive oil in a large frying pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Gently place the fish in the broth and add tomatoes, basil, lemon zest and capers.
3. Continue to simmer for around 5 minutes, turn fish over and simmer for a further 4-5 minutes depending on the size. The fish is cooked when the meat falls of the bone with ease.
4. Lay the fish onto two separate serving plates.
5. Increase heat and bring the broth to the boil.
6. Pour the broth over the fish, garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.