• 2 kg pork ribs
• 1 onion, chopped
• 200 ml water
• 50 ml balsamic vinegar
• 800 ml dry red wine
• 1 tbsp Hoyts Rosemary
• 1 tsp Hoyts Sage, crushed
• 2-3 Hoyts Bay Leaves
• 1 tsp Hoyts White Ground Pepper
• Hoyts Salt, for seasoning
1. Combine onion, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper in a large bowl, stirring well.
2. Add wine, water and vinegar, continue to stir, then add sage.
3. Place ribs in the marinade, pressing them to the bottom of the bowl so that the meat absorbs all of the mixture.
4. Leave to marinate for around 5 hours.
5. Once marinated, cook ribs over a BBQ or grill, turning occasionally to brown both sides.
6. Avoid using a high flame to ensure the meat is tender.
7. Serve ribs accompanied by a fresh salad or potatoes and grilled vegetables.