Serves 6 - 8
• 1 panettone, sliced into 2 cm pieces
• 400g mascarpone
• 5 eggs
• 5 tbsp sugar
• ½ cup espresso coffee (roughly)
• ½ cup of marsala liquor (roughly)
• cocoa powder, as needed
1. Separate egg whites from yolks.
2. Whisk egg whites in a ceramic bowl until stiff peaks form.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar thoroughly until combined.
4. Add mascarpone and continue to whisk.
5. Gently fold in the eggs whites with a metal spoon.
6. Lay panettone slices in a single layer into a large bowl.
7. Combine coffee and Marsala in a small bowl, and brush over panettone to dampen each slice.
8. Cover panettone with a generous layer of the cream mixture.
9. Repeat a layer of panettone, coffee mix, and cream mix a further two times.
8: Dust with cocoa powder, cover well and refrigerate over night.
9. Serve cold.