• 70g whole grain millet flour
• 30g chickpea flour
• 30g grated coconut
• 2-3 dried figs, cut in half
• Vanillin powder
• 40g rice malt
• 30g extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 10ml water
1. In a pan lightly toast the chickpea flour. Cool.
2. Preheat oven to 170°C.
3. Sift both flours together then add all dry ingredients (except the figs) and lastly the oil.
4. Work the mixture with your hands until the oil has been completely absorbed. The mixture should look like wet sand.
5. Incorporate the figs.
6. Blend in the rice malt until absorbed, then the water and knead lightly.
7. Take enough dough to form walnut-size balls and press them to 4 mm thickness. Arrange on a tray lined with baking paper. Makes about 10 biscuits.
8. Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool before serving.