• 320g Carnaroli rice
• 50g butter
• 1 scallion (spring onion)
• 350 ml Barolo red wine
• 600 ml hot stock
• Parmesan, grated
1. Finely chop the scallion and soften over low heat in a pan with half of the butter.
2. Add the rice and ‘toast’; stirring until each grain is coated. This should take a couple of minutes. Pour in the wine and allow to evaporate over a high heat.
3. Gradually add a ladleful of simmering stock at a time until rice is ‘al dente’.
4. Season to taste and stir in the remaining butter and parmesan. Risotto should be creamy, not gluggy.
5. Serve with another sprinkling of parmesan and garnish with a few leaves of marjoram.