• 12 sheets of lasagne (pasta)
• 200g minced meat
• 300 ml tomato passata
• 200 ml béchamel or white sauce
• 1 celery stalk
• 1 carrot
• ½ onion
• 1 glass white wine
• 100g mozzarella
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Start by making the classic Bolognese sauce: whiz carrot, celery and onion together (this is the base of the soffritto).
2. Heat oil in a large, heavy-based pot, add the vegetable mix and cook for a few minutes, until soft
3. Stir in the mince and when it browns slightly pour in the wine and allow alcohol to evaporate. When the liquid has been absorbed by the meat, add the passata, season with salt and continue to cook for 20-30 minutes. The sauce should not be too thick.
4. Gently stir in the béchamel.
5. Gently slide the lasagna sheets into a pot of boiling salted water. When ready, carefully remove and drain on a clean cloth. Cut to size if necessary.
6. Line greased muffin moulds with the lasagna sheets. Fill each one with sauce, add a few cubes of mozzarella and top with a tablespoon of sauce.
7. Bake the “lasagna cupcakes” in preheated oven at 180°C for about 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.